Howard Lake-waverly-winsted Secondary School
- Howard Lake-waverly-winsted Secondary School's student population of 314 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 22 teachers has grown by 15% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||314 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Howard Lake-waverly-winsted Secondary School's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MN)|
|Overall School Rank||#912 out of 1,784 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Howard Lake-waverly-winsted School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Howard Lake Howard Lake-waverly-winsted Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 335 students
8700 County Road 6 Sw
Howard Lake, MN 55349
(320)543-4660 2.2 5-8 335
- Winsted Winsted Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 208 students
431 4th St N
Winsted, MN 55395
(320)543-4690 4.1 PK-4 208
- Waverly Humphrey Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 271 students
803 Elm Ave
Waverly, MN 55390
(320)543-4680 5.4 PK-4 271
- Cokato Cokato Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 528 students
200 5th St Sw
Cokato, MN 55321
(320)286-4100 6.9 PK-4 528
- Howard Lake Westside Alternative Program Grades: 7-12 | 12 students
720 9th Ave
Howard Lake, MN 55349
(320)543-1122 6.9 7-12 12
Nearby Homes for Sale
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.