Howe Trainable Center And Montessori
- Howe Trainable Center And Montessori's student population of 244 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 23 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||244 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Howe Trainable Center And Montessori is ranked within the top 50% of all 3,119 schools in Michigan (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MI)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#997 out of 3119 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Dearborn City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Dearborn Snow Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 382 students
2000 Culver Ave
Dearborn, MI 48124
(313) 827-6250 0.7 PK-5 382
- Dearborn Heights Bedford School Grades: PK-1 | 412 students
4650 Croissant St
Dearborn Heights, MI 48125
(313) 203-4100 1.2 PK-1 412
- Dearborn Henry Ford Academy Grades: 9-12 | 528 students
20900 Oakwood Blvd
Dearborn, MI 48121
(313) 982-6193 1.3 9-12 528
- Allen Park Rogers Early Elementary School Grades: PK-1 | 405 students
5000 Shenandoah Ave
Allen Park, MI 48101
(313) 389-3345 1.3 PK-1 405
A number of school districts either have or are considering homework-free weekend policies, but the idea is not without its share of controversy. We’ll take a look at both sides of the issue.
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.