Hubbard Street Elementary School
- Hubbard Street Elementary School's student population of 611 students has declined by 12% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 26 teachers has declined by 7% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||611 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Hubbard Street Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 9,602 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#6746 out of 9602 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Los Angeles Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school to Hubbard Street Elementary School is Alliance Tennenbaum Family Technology High School (0.1 miles away)
- The nearest middle school is Puc Triumph Charter Academy And Puc Triumph Charter High School (1.3 miles away)
- The nearest elementary school is Harding Street Elementary School (0.7 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Alliance Tennenbaum Family Technology High School Grades: 9-12 | 319 students
2050 San Fernando Rd.
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(323) 276-5545 0.1 9-12 319
- Sylmar Harding Street Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 424 students
13060 Harding St.
Sylmar, CA 91342
(818) 365-9237 0.7 K-5 424
- Sylmar Evergreen Continuation Grades: 9-12 | 74 students
13101 Dronfield Ave.
Sylmar, CA 91342
(818) 367-5989 0.9 9-12 74
- San Fernando Gridley Street Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 559 students
1907 Eighth St.
San Fernando, CA 91340
(818) 361-1243 0.9 K-5 559
- Burbank Puc Community Charter Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 313 students
14019 Sayre St.
Burbank, CA 91504
(818) 492-1890 1.0 K-5 313
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.
In light of all the finger-pointing occurring in the education reform movement, we’ll look at the good and bad of teachers unions – and whether these organizations really work in favor of students and/or teachers.