Hughes Middle School
- Grades: 6-8
- Enrollment: 1,440 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 29:1
- Minority Enrollment: 92%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 30% in CA
- Math Proficiency: 53% (Top 30%)
- Reading Proficiency: 61% (Top 30%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
53% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 40% CA state average), while 61% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 51% CA state average).
How many students attend Hughes Middle School?
1,440 students attend Hughes Middle School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
45% of Hughes Middle School students are Hispanic, 19% of students are Asian, 19% of students are Black, 8% of students are White, 7% of students are Two or more races, and 2% of students are Hawaiian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Hughes Middle School?
Hughes Middle School has a student ration of 29:1, which is higher than the California state average of 22:1.
What grades does Hughes Middle School offer ?
Hughes Middle School offers enrollment in grades 6-8
Review Hughes Middle School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities