Hugo Elementary School
Hugo Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Oklahoma for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 10%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Hugo Elementary School's student population of 462 students has declined by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 26 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-3|
|Total Students||462 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Hugo Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,678 schools in Oklahoma (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has decreased from 20:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (OK)|
|Overall School Rank||#1324 out of 1,678 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Hugo School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hugo Hugo Intermediate Grades: 4-5 | 171 students
505 N 8th Street
Hugo, OK 74743
(580)326-0106 1.2 4-5 171
- Hugo Hugo Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 220 students
300 North E Street
Hugo, OK 74743
(580)326-3365 1.5 6-8 220
- Soper Soper Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 260 students
911 St Louis St
Soper, OK 74759
(580)345-2211 11.7 PK-8 260
While some schools are debating whether to teach sex ed, Philadelphia schools will be making free condoms available in 22 schools across the district.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.