Igiugig School places among the top 20% of public schools in Alaska for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 10%)
- Igiugig School's student population of 19 students has grown by 35% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 3 teachers has grown by 50% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||19 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Igiugig School is ranked within the top 20% of all 465 schools in Alaska (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 6:1 has decreased from 7:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AK)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#58 out of 465 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥50%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Lake And Peninsula Borough School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school and elementary school to Igiugig School is Levelock School (0.0 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Levelock Levelock School Grades: PK-12 | 22 students
Levelock, AK 99625
(907)287-3060 0.0 PK-12 22
- Iliamna Kokhanok School Grades: PK-12 | 33 students
Iliamna, AK 99606
(907)282-2210 36.3 PK-12 33
- Iliamna Newhalen School Grades: PK-12 | 67 students
Iliamna, AK 99606
(907)571-1211 36.3 PK-12 67
- New Stuyahok Chief Ivan Blunka School Grades: PK-12 | 141 students
29 Old Airport Way
New Stuyahok, AK 99636
(907)693-3144 50.3 PK-12 141
- King Salmon Lakeview Home School Grades: K-12 | 7 students
King Salmon, AK 99613
(907)246-4280 51.2 K-12 7
Growing cases of contaminated tap water at public schools around the country are raising more than eyebrows. Learn about whether or not public schools' tap water is safe to drink.
For far too long the American public school system has failed to address “out-of-school” factors like poverty and their impact on what happens in the classroom. As the nation continues to become increasingly diverse, many schools are adopting comprehensive approaches to education that account for the unique needs of students so that each child is prepared for their future and not just for a year-end test.
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.