Hazel Crest SD 152-5 School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 2 public schools managed by Hazel Crest SD 152-5 School District serving 980 students in Markham, Illinois.
- Minority enrollment is 99% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Illinois state average of 51%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is less than the state average of 16:1.
Hazel Crest SD 152-5 School District (2020)
|School District Name||Hazel Crest SD 152-5 School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||980 students|
|# of Teachers||64 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
|# of Male Students||503 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||477 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||123 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||848 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||8 students|
|% White Students||n/a|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||n/a|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||94|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||79|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||89|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||97|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||97|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||102|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||111|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||118|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||105|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||88|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Hazel Crest SD 152-5 School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 851 school districts in Illinois (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (IL)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $15,515 is higher than the state average of $14,514. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $13,832 is less than the state average of $14,861. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (IL)|
|Total Revenue||$16 MM||$11 MM|
|Spending||$14 MM||$11 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$15,515||$14,514|
|Spending / Student||$13,832||$14,861|
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.