Innovation Charter School
Innovation Charter School places among the top 20% of public schools in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Innovation Charter School's student population of 334 students has grown by 38% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 25 teachers has grown by 38% over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-4|
|Total Students||334 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Innovation Charter School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 3,650 schools in Florida (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall School Rank||#3321 out of 3650 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Broward School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Pompano Beach Dave Thomas East Grades: AE
180 Sw 2nd St
Pompano Beach, FL 33060
(754)321-6750 0.6 AE n/a
- Pompano Beach Dave Thomas Education Center West Grades: 6-12 | 729 students
4690 Coconut Creek Pkwy
Pompano Beach, FL 33063
(754)321-6750 0.7 6-12 729
As public schools in the United States continue to increase in their racial, ethnic, economic, and religious diversity, some districts need to rethink their holiday celebrations in a manner that is inclusive and respectful of all people.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.