Iota Elementary School
- The student population of 594 students has grown by 6% over five years.
- The teacher population of 30 teachers has grown by 7% over five years.
|Grades Offered||Grades PK-5|
|Total Students||594 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- The student:teacher ratio of 20:1 has stayed the same over five years.
- The school's diversity scoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body. of 0.17 is less than the state average of 0.61. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- Acadia Parish School District's student population of 10,024 students has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- The revenue/student of $9,500 in this district is less than the state average of $15,711. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four years.
- The district's spending/student of $9,616 is less than the state average of $15,475. The district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four years.
|School District Name||Acadia Parish School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||10,024||1,685|
|District Total Revenue||$96 MM||$27 MM|
|District Spending||$97 MM||$26 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$9,500||$15,711|
|District Spending / Student||$9,616||$15,475|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- IotaIota High SchoolGrades: 5-12 | 534 students
456 South Fifth Street
Iota, LA 70543
- IotaIota Middle SchoolGrades: 6-8 | 300 students
426 South Fifth Street
Iota, LA 70543
- EvangelineEvangeline Elementary SchoolGrades: PK-8 | 267 students
1448 Old Evangeline Highway
Evangeline, LA 70537
- EganEgan Elementary SchoolGrades: PK-8 | 241 students
2166 Egan Highway
Egan, LA 70531
- CrowleyCrowley High SchoolGrades: 7-12 | 671 students
263 Hensgens Road
Crowley, LA 70526
September 12, 2017
Homework has become deeply ingrained in the U.S. educational system, but how much homework is too much and how can you create a healthy environment for your child to do schoolwork at home?
September 08, 2017
Learn about single-sex education in public schools.
September 07, 2017
Playing sports is a great way to build your child's confidence and dedication but there are some drawbacks. Keep reading to learn the pros and cons of sports for middle schoolers and to learn how to support your student athlete.