J.f. Gauthier School
- J.f. Gauthier School's student population of 554 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 44 teachers has grown by 29% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||554 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||44 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- J.f. Gauthier School's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank||#306 out of 1,277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||St. Bernard Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint Bernard St. Bernard Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 308 students
2601 Torres Drive
Saint Bernard, LA 70085
(504)267-7878 0.9 6-8 308
- Violet W. Smith Junior Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 337 students
6701 St. Bernard Hwy.
Violet, LA 70092
(504)302-1000 1.6 PK-5 337
- Meraux N.p. Trist Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 666 students
1 Pirates Cove
Meraux, LA 70075
(504)872-9402 4.6 6-8 666
- Meraux Joseph J. Davies Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 842 students
4101 Mistrot Drive
Meraux, LA 70075
(504)267-7890 5.1 PK-5 842
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.