Jackson High School
Jackson High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Ohio for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Graduation Rate Highest graduation rate (Top 20%)
- Jackson High School's student population of 1,971 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 89 teachers has declined by 11% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2009)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1,971 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||89 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Jackson High School is ranked within the top 20% of all 3,255 schools in Ohio (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 22:1 has increased from 19:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (OH)|
|Overall School Rank||#575 out of 3255 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Jackson Local School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Massillon Sauder Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 678 students
7503 Mudbrook Rd Nw
Massillon, OH 44646
(330)830-8028 0.5 K-5 678
- Massillon Amherst Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 549 students
8750 Jane St Nw
Massillon, OH 44646
(330)830-8024 2.1 K-5 549
- Canton Lake Cable Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 571 students
5335 Villa Padova Dr Nw
Canton, OH 44718
(330)834-4673 2.3 K-5 571
Great, great school. I am a student and I have been in Jackson Local Schools since Kindergarden. I would definetly reccomend the school. Five stars...
- Posted by Student/Alumni - jamie
What is the best way to evaluate the quality of a public high school? Learn about the data available that helps parents choose a high school based upon how well their graduates perform in college.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.