James Madison Academic Campus
James Madison Academic Campus places among the top 20% of public schools in Wisconsin for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- James Madison Academic Campus's student population of 779 students has declined by 12% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 47 teachers has declined by 11% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||779 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||47 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- James Madison Academic Campus is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 2,029 schools in Wisconsin (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has decreased from 21:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WI)|
|Overall School Rank||#1982 out of 2029 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤5%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤5%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (15-16)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Milwaukee School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Milwaukee Bryant Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 225 students
8718 W Thurston Ave
Milwaukee, WI 53225
(414) 393-6500 0.6 PK-5 225
- Milwaukee Milwaukee Scholars Charter School Grades: PK-8 | 642 students
7000 W Florist Ave
Milwaukee, WI 53218
(414) 393-0197 0.7 PK-8 642
- Milwaukee Bruce Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 253 students
6453 N 89th St
Milwaukee, WI 53224
(414) 393-2100 0.8 PK-5 253
- Milwaukee Carmen Mid/hi Northwest Campus Grades: 6-12 | 653 students
5496 N 72nd St
Milwaukee, WI 53218
(414) 837-4000 0.8 6-12 653
- Milwaukee Milwaukee Sign Language Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 558 students
7900 W Acacia St
Milwaukee, WI 53223
(414) 393-3800 0.8 PK-8 558
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.