Jay/westfield Joint Elementary School
- Jay/westfield Joint Elementary School's student population of 79 students has declined by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 8 teachers has declined by 20% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||79 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Jay/westfield Joint Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 10:1 has increased from 9:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VT)|
|Overall School Rank||#61 out of 289 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-69%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-49%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||12:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Jay/Westfield Joint Elementary School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Newport Center Newport Town School Grades: PK-6 | 120 students
4212 Vt Route 105
Newport Center, VT 05857
(802)334-5201 6.3 PK-6 120
- Montgomery Center Montgomery Center School Grades: PK-8 | 148 students
249 School Drive
Montgomery Center, VT 05471
(802)326-4618 9.9 PK-8 148
- Lowell Lowell Village School Grades: PK-8 | 107 students
52 Gelo Park Road
Lowell, VT 05847
(802)744-6641 10.2 PK-8 107
- Coventry Coventry Village School Grades: PK-8 | 137 students
348 Route 5
Coventry, VT 05825
(802)754-6464 10.4 PK-8 137
School seems to have issues with cost and time consumed by high needs students seeking alternative placement for them. Unfortunate that high needs students have no place here and all energy seems focused on removing them rather then including and teaching them
- Posted by Parent - momofww
Nearby Homes for Sale
Learn how you can help improve your child's food options in public school cafeterias.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.