Jefferson Elementary School
Quick Stats (2023)
- School Type: Magnet School
- Grades: 2-3
- Enrollment: 338 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 19:1
- Minority Enrollment: 16%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in MI
- Math Proficiency: 25-29% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 25-29% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), MI Dept. of Education
(offers virtual instruction)
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
25-29% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 36% MI state average), while 25-29% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 48% MI state average).
How many students attend Jefferson Elementary School?
338 students attend Jefferson Elementary School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
84% of Jefferson Elementary School students are White, 10% of students are Hispanic, 4% of students are Two or more races, 1% of students are American Indian, and 1% of students are Asian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Jefferson Elementary School?
Jefferson Elementary School has a student ration of 19:1, which is higher than the Michigan state average of 17:1.
What grades does Jefferson Elementary School offer ?
Jefferson Elementary School offers enrollment in grades 2-3 (offers virtual instruction).
What school district is Jefferson Elementary School part of?
Jefferson Elementary School is part of Coldwater Community Schools School District.
Review Jefferson Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities