John Adams #4
John Adams #4 places among the top 20% of public schools in Pennsylvania for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 1%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- John Adams #4's student population of 311 students has grown by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 22 teachers has grown by 10% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||311 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- John Adams #4's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (PA)|
|Overall School Rank||#2630 out of 2,835 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||15-19%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-24%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Scranton SD School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Scranton Northeast Intrmd School Grades: 6-8 | 795 students
721 Adams Ave
Scranton, PA 18510
(570)348-3651 0.4 6-8 795
- Scranton Isaac Tripp Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 773 students
1000 North Everett Avenue
Scranton, PA 18504
(570)348-3677 1.0 PK-5 773
Did your child's school make the list? We cover the latest Blue Ribbon Schools awards given by Education Secretary Arne Duncan.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.