John B Devalles
- Grades: Kindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 343 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 13:1
- Minority Enrollment: 71%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in MA
- Math Proficiency: 15-19% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 25-29% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), MA Dept. of Education
(offers virtual instruction)
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
15-19% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 37% MA state average), while 25-29% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 49% MA state average).
How many students attend John B Devalles?
343 students attend John B Devalles.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
51% of John B Devalles students are Hispanic, 29% of students are White, 17% of students are Black, and 3% of students are Two or more races.
What is the student:teacher ratio of John B Devalles?
John B Devalles has a student ration of 13:1, which is higher than the Massachusetts state average of 12:1.
What grades does John B Devalles offer ?
John B Devalles offers enrollment in grades Kindergarten-5 (offers virtual instruction).
What school district is John B Devalles part of?
John B Devalles is part of New Bedford School District.
Review John B Devalles. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities