Kaneland Senior High School
- Kaneland Senior High School's student population of 1,313 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 83 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1,313 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||83 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Kaneland Senior High School is ranked within the top 30% of all 3,672 schools in Illinois (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IL)|
|Overall School Rank||#1025 out of 3672 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Kaneland CUSD 302 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Elburn Kaneland John Stewart Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 464 students
817 Prairie Valley
Elburn, IL 60119
(630)365-8170 3.6 K-5 464
- Elburn Kaneland Blackberry Creek Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 495 students
1122 Anderson Rd
Elburn, IL 60119
(630)365-1122 3.7 PK-5 495
- Maple Park Lily Lake Grade School Grades: K-5 | 214 students
5n720 Il Route 47
Maple Park, IL 60151
(847)464-6011 5.3 K-5 214
- Sugar Grove Kaneland Harter Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1,108 student
1601 N Esker Dr
Sugar Grove, IL 60554
(630)466-8400 6.8 6-8 1,108
- Geneva Mill Creek School Grades: K-5 | 464 students
N900 Brundige Dr
Geneva, IL 60134
(630)463-3400 7.3 K-5 464
Being a former student of KHS, it is unfortunate to say that the school is ran very poorly by the administration. The education is below average and does not prepare the average student for a higher education at a university. Kaneland High School also does not have the variety of classes that many schools offer. The Fox Valley Career Center is great for Kaneland and offers many elective classes for students to learn about careers they want to pursue. The athletic's at KHS are disappointing for the talent at the high school, football and wrestling have built a successful tradition, but the other sports struggle in the Western Sun Conference. In my own opinion I hold the athletic director responsible for the athletic program and I think it is a bit ridiculous that in the 4 years I attended the school, there were 3 different head varsity boys basketball coaches and 3 different head varsity baseball coaches. There have been incidents at the school with the the coaches being fired, which is in direct connection with the athletic director at KHS. I am unsure how many more mistakes can be made on hiring's of coaches at the school before the AD is taken responsible. The school's facilities have improved drastically with the additions and the new beautiful auditorium built on the east end of the school. Extracurricular activities at the school are average for the enrollment of the school.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - ccroo
What is the best way to evaluate the quality of a public high school? Learn about the data available that helps parents choose a high school based upon how well their graduates perform in college.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.