Kankakee Valley High School
- Kankakee Valley High School's student population of 1,058 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 67 teachers has grown by 6% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1,058 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||67 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Kankakee Valley High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,762 schools in Indiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IN)|
|Overall School Rank||#1062 out of 1762 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Kankakee Valley School Corp School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Wheatfield Kankakee Valley Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 812 students
5258 W Sr 10
Wheatfield, IN 46392
(219) 987-8810 0.0 6-8 812
- Wheatfield Wheatfield Elementary School Grades: K-3 | 336 students
251 S Center St - 158
Wheatfield, IN 46392
(219) 956-3221 3.5 K-3 336
- Demotte Demotte Elementary School Grades: PK-3 | 653 students
1000 S Halleck
Demotte, IN 46310
(219) 987-2789 4.1 PK-3 653
- Hebron Hebron High School Grades: 9-12 | 357 students
509 S Main St
Hebron, IN 46341
(219) 996-4771 9.7 9-12 357
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.