Wheatfield Elementary School
Wheatfield Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Indiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 10%)
- Wheatfield Elementary School's student population of 336 students has declined by 16% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 26 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-3|
|Total Students||336 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Wheatfield Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 1,762 schools in Indiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IN)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#223 out of 1762 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||85-89%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Kankakee Valley School Corp School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Wheatfield Kankakee Valley High School Grades: 9-12 | 1,058 student
3923 W Sr 10
Wheatfield, IN 46392
(219) 956-3143 3.5 9-12 1,058
- Wheatfield Kankakee Valley Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 812 students
5258 W Sr 10
Wheatfield, IN 46392
(219) 987-8810 3.5 6-8 812
- Demotte Demotte Elementary School Grades: PK-3 | 653 students
1000 S Halleck
Demotte, IN 46310
(219) 987-2789 7.6 PK-3 653
- Kouts Kouts Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 361 students
302 E College Ave
Kouts, IN 46347
(219) 766-2231 8.7 K-5 361
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.