Copeland School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 2 public schools managed by Copeland School District serving 69 students in Copeland, Kansas.
- Minority enrollment is 6% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Kansas state average of 35%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 5:1 is less than the state average of 14:1.
|School District Name||Copeland School District|
|# of Schools||2|
|# of Students||69|
|# of Teachers||13|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5|
|# of Male Students||33|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||36|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||3|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||1|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||65|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||n/a|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||9|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||8|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||7|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||8|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||3|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||8|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||8|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||3|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||6|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||9|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Copeland School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 285 school districts in Kansas (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of PS% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (KS)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $23,061 is higher than the state average of $13,642. The school district revenue/student has grown by 21% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $45,929 is higher than the state average of $13,194. The school district spending/student has grown by 21% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (KS)|
|Total Revenue||$2 MM||$7 MM|
|Spending||$5 MM||$7 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$23,061||$13,642|
|Spending / Student||$45,929||$13,194|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.