Top Sheridan County Public Schools
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 3 public schools in Sheridan County, KS, serving 540 students. Sheridan County has one of the highest concentrations of top ranked public schools in Kansas.
- Sheridan County, KS public schools have an average math proficiency score of 33% (versus the Kansas public school average of 33%), and reading proficiency score of 38% (versus the 37% statewide average). Schools in Sheridan County have an average ranking of 6/10, which is in the top 50% of Kansas public schools.
- Minority enrollment is 16% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Kansas public school average of 36% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is less than the Kansas public school average of 14:1.
Top Sheridan County Public Schools (2020-21)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Hoxie Elementary School 1117 Royal Ave
Hoxie, KS 67740
Grades: PK-6 | 270 students
- Hoxie High School 1625 Queen Ave
Hoxie, KS 67740
Grades: 7-12 | 179 students
- Golden Plains Elementary School 210 W 6th
Selden, KS 67757
Grades: PK-5 | 91 students
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.