Kennett High School
Kennett High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Pennsylvania for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 10%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 10%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 5%)
- Kennett High School's student population of 1283 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 80 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1,283 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||80 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Kennett High School is ranked within the top 10% of all 2835 schools in Pennsylvania (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (PA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||15:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Kennett High School is Kennett Consolidated School District, which is ranked within the top 30% of all 663 school districts in Pennsylvania (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Kennett Consolidated School District's student population of 4,169 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The district's graduation rate of 94% has increased from 90% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $16,252 is higher than the state average of $13,048. The district revenue/student has declined by 9% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $15,173 is higher than the state average of $12,915. The district spending/student has declined by 6% over four school years.
|School District Name||Kennett Consolidated School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||4,169||1,464|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Graduation Rate|
|District Total Revenue||$70 MM||$19 MM|
|District Spending||$65 MM||$19 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$16,252||$13,048|
|District Spending / Student||$15,173||$12,915|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Kennett Square Mary D Language Kdg Center Grades: K | 296 students
409 Center St
Kennett Square, PA 19348
(610)444-6260 0.2 K 296
- Kennett Square Bancroft Elementary School Grades: 1-5 | 512 students
181 Bancroft Road
Kennett Square, PA 19348
(610)925-5711 2.4 1-5 512
- Hockessin Dupont (h.b.) Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 779 students
735 Meeting House Road
Hockessin, DE 19707
(302)239-3420 2.9 6-8 779
- Toughkenamon New Garden Elementary School Grades: 1-5 | 477 students
265 New Garden Road
Toughkenamon, PA 19374
(610)268-6900 2.9 1-5 477
Academics are strong with a wide range of courses and ability levels. Administration is flexible about placement. Many students participate in the music program but many other activities are available. The sports programs are accessible to many students. Many teachers are very dedicated. Exceeded my expectations.
- Posted by Parent - becks
Kennett High School is a gem. There are quality educational programs, including 17 AP courses, honors and academic courses and highly qualified teachers teaching every class. The music program is top rate, with an opportunity for the student who just enjoys music, as well as one who is absolutely passionate music to participate. There are a myriad of extracurricular activities, including sports and theater and all students are encouraged to participate. Because of the school's size every student can participate--you don't have to be a specialist to make a team or get a part in the school play. It is the only school I know where kids are both on the football team and in the marching band. The facilities were recently renovated and are terriffic-but still retain the historic beauty of the original 1930 building. Parent involvement is strong but most events are student lead and run. There is a strong booster, Friends and Music and After Prom presence at the school. Kennett also has children from around the world so it is a very welcoming place for new students.
- Posted by Parent - mkgav