Kenwood Station Elementary School
Kenwood Station Elementary School serves 657 students in grades Kindergarten-5.
Kenwood Station Elementary School placed in the top 10% of all schools in Kentucky for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 67% (which is higher than the Kentucky state average of 46%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 69% (which is higher than the Kentucky state average of 56%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 18:1 is higher than the Kentucky state level of 16:1.
Minority enrollment is 11% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Black), which is lower than the Kentucky state average of 23% (majority Black).
Kenwood Station Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Kentucky for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Kenwood Station Elementary School's student population of 657 students has grown by 5% over five school years.
The teacher population of 37 teachers has grown by 5% over five school years.
(offers virtual instruction)
(offers virtual instruction)
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Kenwood Station Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 1,263 schools in Kentucky (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Kenwood Station Elementary School is 0.21, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.40. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (KY)
Overall Testing Rank
#101 out of 1263 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, KY Dept. of Education
Review Kenwood Station Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Tutoring & Supplemental Education: The Pros and Cons
We look at the pros and cons of personal tutors, learning centers and other types of supplemental education.
What Public School Students Should Expect After COVID-19
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
Miami-Dade Teachers to Receive Mental Health Training
In response to the Sandy Hook tragedy, Miami-Dade Schools will now be offering mandatory mental health training to faculty and staff inside the district schools.