Kerrick Elementary School
- Kerrick Elementary School's student population of 456 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 25 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||456 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Kerrick Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (KY)|
|Overall School Rank||#718 out of 1,251 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Jefferson County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Louisville Waller Environmental Grades: K-11 | 89 students
2415 Rockford Ln
Louisville, KY 40216
(502)485-8314 0.7 K-11 89
- Louisville Western Day Treatment Grades: K-5 | 20 students
1900 S. 7th Street
Louisville, KY 40208
(502)485-7351 0.7 K-5 20
- Louisville Western High School Grades: 9-12 | 778 students
2501 Rockford Lane
Louisville, KY 40216
(502)485-8344 0.7 9-12 778
- Louisville Shacklette Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 422 students
5310 Mercury Drive
Louisville, KY 40258
(502)485-8325 1.1 PK-5 422
- Louisville Doss High School Grades: 9-12 | 1073 students
7601 St Andrews Church Rd
Louisville, KY 40214
(502)485-8239 1.6 9-12 1073
I went to this school k-5th grade and I just have to say that I was pleased with the grades k-3. But after that I was kin of disappointed with the teachers. One of my teachers in the 4th grade would grab other students by the collar and pull towards her. In the 5th grade my teacher would pick a favorite in the class and they would do everything for him or her such as: get papers from the printer, when the teacher would leave the room, this student would watch and see who would be talking or passing or goofing off. That year was rough. This teacher would make people get so mad and one time made me cry in class he or she also did that to a few other students. Also I thought that he or she was lying a couple times. Why would a teacher lie to her students? He or she is supposed to be a ro-model for their students. also this teacher would brag about their family A LOT. I mean the students are there to learn not to listen to a life story of the teacher.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - laci.
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.