Key Biscayne K-8 Center
Key Biscayne K-8 Center places among the top 20% of public schools in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 10%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 10%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Key Biscayne K-8 Center's student population of 1,381 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 81 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2006)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||1,381 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||81 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Key Biscayne K-8 Center is ranked within the top 10% of all 3,601 schools in Florida (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall School Rank||#183 out of 3,601 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||16:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Dade School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Key Biscayne Mast Academy Grades: 7-12 | 1142 students
3979 Rickenbacker Cswy
Key Biscayne, FL 33149
(305)365-6278 3.3 7-12 1142
- Key Biscayne Amikids Miami-dade South Grades: 6-12 | 60 students
1820 Arthur Lamb Jr Rd
Key Biscayne, FL 33149
(305)363-6160 4.0 6-12 60
- Miami Southside Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 769 students
45 Sw 13th St
Miami, FL 33130
(305)371-3311 5.2 PK-5 769
- Miami Coral Way K-8 Center Grades: PK-8 | 1460 students
1950 Sw 13th Ave
Miami, FL 33145
(305)854-0515 5.3 PK-8 1460
The Common Core State Standards Initiative has changed the course of education in the United States, particularly with its emphasis on standardized testing. But how does standardized testing affect teaching quality? Keep reading to find out.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.