Key Biscayne K-8 Center
Key Biscayne K-8 Center places among the top 20% of public schools in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 10%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 10%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Key Biscayne K-8 Center's student population of 1,381 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 81 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2006)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||1,381 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||81 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Key Biscayne K-8 Center is ranked within the top 10% of all 3,601 schools in Florida (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall School Rank|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||16:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Dade School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Key Biscayne Mast Academy Grades: 7-12 | 1142 students
3979 Rickenbacker Cswy
Key Biscayne, FL 33149
(305)365-6278 3.3 7-12 1142
- Key Biscayne Amikids Miami-dade South Grades: 6-12 | 60 students
1820 Arthur Lamb Jr Rd
Key Biscayne, FL 33149
(305)363-6160 4.0 6-12 60
- Miami Southside Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 769 students
45 Sw 13th St
Miami, FL 33130
(305)371-3311 5.2 PK-5 769
- Miami Coral Way K-8 Center Grades: PK-8 | 1460 students
1950 Sw 13th Ave
Miami, FL 33145
(305)854-0515 5.3 PK-8 1460
Gifted students often fail to thrive in traditional academic environments because they are not being challenged. In this article you will learn how to make sure your gifted student gets the quality education he or she deserves.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.