La Crescent-hokah Middle School
- La Crescent-hokah Middle School's student population of 351 students has grown by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 21 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-8|
|Total Students||351 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- La Crescent-hokah Middle School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,784 schools in Minnesota (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has increased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MN)|
|Overall School Rank||#900 out of 1,784 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||16:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||La Crescent-hokah School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest elementary school is La Crescent-hokah Elementary School (0.7 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- La Crescent La Crescent-hokah Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 396 students
504 S Oak St
La Crescent, MN 55947
(507)895-4484 0.7 PK-4 396
- La Crescent La Crescent Montessori & Stem Academy Grades: K-6 | 45 students
1116 S Oak St
La Crescent, MN 55947
(507)895-4054 1.0 K-6 45
- La Crosse Summit Environmental School Grades: PK-5 | 348 students
1800 Lakeshore Dr
La Crosse, WI 54603
(608)789-7980 3.4 PK-5 348
While some schools are debating whether to teach sex ed, Philadelphia schools will be making free condoms available in 22 schools across the district.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.