La Merced Intermediate
- Grades: 6-8
- Enrollment: 990 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 28:1
- Minority Enrollment: 98%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in CA
- Math Proficiency: 19% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 28% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
19% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 40% CA state average), while 28% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 51% CA state average).
How many students attend La Merced Intermediate?
990 students attend La Merced Intermediate.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
96% of La Merced Intermediate students are Hispanic, 2% of students are White, 1% of students are Asian, and 1% of students are Black.
What is the student:teacher ratio of La Merced Intermediate?
La Merced Intermediate has a student ration of 28:1, which is higher than the California state average of 22:1.
What grades does La Merced Intermediate offer ?
La Merced Intermediate offers enrollment in grades 6-8
View the La Merced Intermediate yearly calendar below. Note key dates such as:
Review La Merced Intermediate. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities