La Mesa Elementary School
- La Mesa Elementary School's student population of 474 students has grown by 10% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 23 teachers has grown by 21% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||474 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- La Mesa Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 21:1 has decreased from 23:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#2357 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Monterey Peninsula Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school to La Mesa Elementary School is Monterey Peninsula Unified School District Community Day (1.4 miles away)
- The nearest middle school is Bay View Academy (1.5 miles away)
- The nearest elementary school is Foothill Elementary School (1.4 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Monterey Foothill Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 322 students
1700 Via Casoli
Monterey, CA 93940
(831)649-1744 1.4 K-5 322
- Seaside Monterey Peninsula Unified School District Community Day Grades: 9-12 | 9 students
200 Coe Ave.
Seaside, CA 93955
(831)392-3822 1.4 9-12 9
- Monterey Bay View Academy Grades: K-8 | 429 students
222 Casa Verde Ave.
Monterey, CA 93940
(831)704-6805 1.5 K-8 429
- Monterey Monterey High School Grades: 9-12 | 1280 students
101 Herrmann Dr.
Monterey, CA 93940
(831)392-3801 1.6 9-12 1280
- Monterey Monte Vista Grades: K-5 | 312 students
251 Soledad Dr.
Monterey, CA 93942
(831)392-3890 1.7 K-5 312
This school has some serious issues. Many classes have 34 students with just one teacher and no aides. The school has very limited support for special education needs. The principal considers behavioral issues like PDD or autism to be discipline issues and wants to the parents to take care of them at home instead of providing care mandated in the IEP. Many parents are pulling their kids and placing them in the local private schools or homeschooling. A teacher also threatened to stab his students through the heart with a pencil if they did not do their homework (2d graders). Go somewhere else where your kids will be safer.
- Posted by Parent - amham
This school is a joke. They claim that they are first in learning and this is proven by the testing, but they push the children to earn those high test scores. They always want to hold the military children back because they are not"caught up", but do not keep into consideration that standards are different everywhere. The teachers are unprofessional, rude, and mean to the children. One teacher hit my daughter in the head and when I approached the principal, all he did was tell me to handle the situation with the teacher. The school is always asking for money, but not effectively teaching the children. The only reason why the school has such a high academic rating is because one or both of the parents have degree and can teach where the teacher lacks. DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILDREN HERE!
- Posted by Parent - sdunn
Across the country, public schools are being caught red-handed in manipulating their test scores, graduation rates, and campus safety data. Learn about why schools are cheating and how they are distorting the truth.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.