La Paloma Academy
- La Paloma Academy's student population of 733 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||733 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||n/a|
|Students by Grade|
- La Paloma Academy is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 2,111 schools in Arizona (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AZ)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1181 out of 2111 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||n/a||19:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Arizona Community Development Corporation School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tucson Adventure School Grades: K-8 | 128 students
5757 E. Pima Street
Tucson, AZ 85718
(520) 296-0656 0.7 K-8 128
- Tucson Ida Flood Dodge Traditional Middle Magnet School Grades: 6-8 | 415 students
5831 E. Pima Street
Tucson, AZ 85712
(520) 731-4100 0.7 6-8 415
- Tucson W V Whitmore Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 325 students
5330 E. Glenn St.
Tucson, AZ 85712
(520) 232-8000 1.4 PK-5 325
- Tucson W Arthur Sewell Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 300 students
425 N. Sahuara Avenue
Tucson, AZ 85711
(520) 584-7200 1.5 PK-5 300
- Tucson Hudlow Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 238 students
502 N. Caribe
Tucson, AZ 85710
(520) 225-6060 1.6 PK-5 238
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.