Lakeview Elementary School
Lakeview Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Lakeview Elementary School's student population of 439 students has declined by 16% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 28 teachers has declined by 12% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||439 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Lakeview Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,791 schools in Virginia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1087 out of 1791 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (14-15)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Portsmouth City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Portsmouth William E. Waters Middle School Grades: 7-8 | 543 students
600 Roosevelt Blvd
Portsmouth, VA 23701
(757) 558-2813 0.9 7-8 543
- Portsmouth Woodrow Wilson High School Grades: 9-12 | 1,393 student
1401 Elmhurst Ln
Portsmouth, VA 23701
(757) 465-2907 1.4 9-12 1,393
- Chesapeake Camelot Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 551 students
2901 Guenevere Dr
Chesapeake, VA 23323
(757) 558-5347 1.8 PK-5 551
- Chesapeake Southwestern Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 531 students
4410 Airline Blvd
Chesapeake, VA 23321
(757) 465-6310 2.0 PK-5 531
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.