Lakewood High School
Lakewood High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Michigan for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Lakewood High School's student population of 613 students has declined by 10% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 29 teachers has declined by 12% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||613 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Lakewood High School's student:teacher ratio of 21:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MI)|
|Overall School Rank||#1029 out of 3,159 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Lakewood Public s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Woodland Lakewood Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 539 students
8669 Brown Rd
Woodland, MI 48897
(616)374-2400 0.4 5-8 539
- Lake Odessa Lakewood Elementary School Grades: 1-4 | 512 students
812 Washington Blvd
Lake Odessa, MI 48849
(616)374-8842 2.0 1-4 512
- Woodland Lakewood Early Childhood Center Grades: K | 183 students
223 W. Broadway
Woodland, MI 48897
(269)367-4935 2.6 K 183
- Vermontville Maplewood School Grades: 3-6 | 297 students
170 Seminary St
Vermontville, MI 49096
(517)726-0600 10.1 3-6 297
We provide an overview and current status of the Race to the Top program that was designed as an incentive and funding program to promote education reform in public school districts across the country.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.