Landis Elementary School
Landis Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 10%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Landis Elementary School's student population of 840 students has declined by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 67 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Total Students||840 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||67 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Landis Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has decreased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TX)|
|Overall School Rank||#6525 out of 7,879 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||15:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Alief Isd School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Houston Harmony School Of Exploration- Houston Grades: K-5 | 649 students
9305 W Sam Houston Pkwy S
Houston, TX 77099
(713)541-3030 0.3 K-5 649
- Sugar Land Harmony Science Academy-sugar Land Grades: K-6 | 769 students
13415 W Belfort
Sugar Land, TX 77478
(281)265-2525 0.4 K-6 769
- Houston Chambers Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 736 students
Houston, TX 77072
(281)983-8313 0.8 PK-4 736
- Houston Horn Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 1092 students
Houston, TX 77099
(281)988-3223 0.8 PK-4 1092
- Houston Cates Academy Grades: 9-12 | 6 students
9920 W Sam Houston Pkwy S Ste
Houston, TX 77009
(281)782-4628 1.0 9-12 6
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.