Las Palmas Middle School
Top Placements (California)
Las Palmas Middle School is Listed among the top public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Las Palmas Middle School's student population of 844 students has declined by 17% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 35 teachers has declined by 10% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||844 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Las Palmas Middle School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 9595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 24:1 has decreased from 26:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1||24:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Las Palmas Middle School is Covina-valley Unified School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Covina-valley Unified School District's student population of 10,918 students has decreased by 15% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $10,043 in this district is less than the state average of $11,049. The district revenue/student has declined by 38% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $10,411 is less than the state average of $11,340. The district spending/student has declined by 37% over four school years.
|School District Name||Covina-valley Unified School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||10,918||1,585|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$130 MM||$18 MM|
|District Spending||$135 MM||$18 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$10,043||$11,049|
|District Spending / Student||$10,411||$11,340|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- West Covina Grovecenter Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 479 students
775 N. Lark Ellen Ave.
West Covina, CA 91791
(626)974-4400 0.4 K-5 479
- Covina Northview High School Grades: 9-12 | 1333 students
1016 W. Cypress Ave.
Covina, CA 91722
(626)974-6120 0.5 9-12 1333
- West Covina Rowland Avenue Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 524 students
1355 E. Rowland Ave.
West Covina, CA 91790
(626)974-4700 0.8 K-5 524
- Azusa Alice M. Ellington Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 557 students
5034 N. Clydebank
Azusa, CA 91702
(626)858-6800 0.9 K-8 557
- Covina Merwin Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 391 students
Covina, CA 91722
(626)472-7660 0.9 K-5 391