Lavalette Elementary School
- Lavalette Elementary School's student population of 259 students has declined by 13% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 18 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||259 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Lavalette Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WV)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Wayne County s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Wayne Wayne Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 470 students
200 Pioneer Road
Wayne, WV 25570
(304)272-3227 4.8 6-8 470
- Huntington Hite Saunders Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 249 students
3708 Green Valley Road
Huntington, WV 25701
(304)528-5132 5.2 PK-5 249
- Kenova Buffalo Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 480 students
331 Buffalo Creek Road
Kenova, WV 25530
(304)429-2911 5.6 PK-5 480
- Kenova Buffalo Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 302 students
298 Buffalo Creek Road
Kenova, WV 25530
(304)429-6062 5.6 6-8 302
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.