Leicester Central School
Leicester Central School places among the top 20% of public schools in Vermont for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 5%)
- Leicester Central School's student population of 44 students has declined by 12% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 4 teachers has declined by 33% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||44 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Leicester Central School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 290 schools in Vermont (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has increased from 8:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VT)|
|Overall School Rank||#177 out of 290 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)||50-59%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)||30-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||12:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Otter Valley Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Brandon Neshobe School Grades: PK-6 | 424 students
17 Neshobe Circle
Brandon, VT 05733
(802) 247-3721 0.2 PK-6 424
- Brandon Otter Valley Union High School Grades: 7-12 | 531 students
2997 Franklin Street
Brandon, VT 05733
(802) 247-6833 4.4 7-12 531
- Salisbury Salisbury Community School Grades: PK-6 | 113 students
286 Kelly Cross Road
Salisbury, VT 05769
(802) 352-4291 6.9 PK-6 113
- Whiting Whiting Sudbury Learning Academy Grades: PK-6 | 76 students
87 South Main Street
Whiting, VT 05778
(802) 623-7991 7.6 PK-6 76
- Pittsford Lothrop School Grades: PK-6 | 213 students
3447 U.s. Route 7
Pittsford, VT 05763
(802) 483-2242 8.7 PK-6 213
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.