Lewis Maire Elementary School
Lewis Maire Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Michigan for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 1%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 1%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 1%)
- Lewis Maire Elementary School's student population of 303 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 18 teachers has declined by 10% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2017)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||303 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Lewis Maire Elementary School is ranked within the top 1% of all 3,159 schools in Michigan (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has increased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MI)|
|Overall School Rank||#13 out of 3,159 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-84%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||90-94%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Grosse Pointe School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grosse Pointe Richard Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 378 students
176 Mckinley Ave
Grosse Pointe, MI 48236
(313)432-4900 0.8 K-5 378
- Grosse Pointe George Defer Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 299 students
15425 Kercheval Ave
Grosse Pointe, MI 48230
(313)432-4000 0.9 K-5 299
- Grosse Pointe Pierce Middle School Grades: 6-9 | 562 students
15430 Kercheval Ave
Grosse Pointe, MI 48230
(313)432-4700 0.9 6-9 562
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.