Linton Elementary School
Linton Elementary School serves 177 students in grades Prekindergarten-8.
Linton Elementary School placed in the top 10% of all schools in North Dakota for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 65-69% (which is higher than the North Dakota state average of 45%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 60-64% (which is higher than the North Dakota state average of 47%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 10:1 is lower than the North Dakota state level of 11:1.
Minority enrollment is 4% of the student body (majority American Indian), which is lower than the North Dakota state average of 26% (majority American Indian).
Linton Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in North Dakota for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Linton Elementary School's student population of 177 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 18 teachers has declined by 5% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Linton Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 458 schools in North Dakota (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Linton Elementary School is 0.08, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.43. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (ND)
Overall Testing Rank
#23 out of 458 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, ND Dept. of Education
Review Linton Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
High School Graduation Project Requirements
Learn how some states and schools are now requiring that students complete a graduation project, often either to replace or supplement an exit exam.
Common Behavioral Issues in School-Age Children and How Alternative Schools Can Help
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
Signs of Sex Abuse at School: What Parents Should Know
Nearly 10% of students will encounter sexual misconduct at school. Make sure you know how to protect your child and recognize the signs of potential sex abuse.