London High School
London High School serves 266 students in grades 9-12.
London High School placed in the top 5% of all schools in Texas for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 5%, and reading proficiency is top 10%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 80-89% (which is higher than the Texas state average of 51%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 70-74% (which is higher than the Texas state average of 47%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is lower than the Texas state level of 15:1.
Minority enrollment is 49% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Texas state average of 72% (majority Hispanic).
London High School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
London High School's student population of 266 students has grown by 7% over five school years.
The teacher population of 22 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
London High School is ranked within the top 5% of all 8,043 schools in Texas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of London High School is 0.56, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.64. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (TX)
Overall Testing Rank
#289 out of 8043 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
National School Lunch Program
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, TX Dept. of Education
Review London High School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Life Beyond High School: The Innovative Frontier
Exploring post graduation options for high school students.
Back to School: Getting Up to Date with Required Vaccinations
Stay up to date on the current requirements for vaccinations for school-age children today, as well as some of the problems schools face when parents do not properly immunize their kids.
Utah on its Way to Banning Sex-Ed in Schools
The new bill, which has already passed state lawmakers, would ban public schools from teaching about contraception or sexually transmitted diseases. If it is signed into law by the governor, it will be the most conservative law in the country regarding sex education in schools.