Longfellow Elementary School
- Longfellow Elementary School's student population of 293 students has declined by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 21 teachers has declined by 12% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||293 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Longfellow Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 1,232 schools in Iowa (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IA)|
|Overall School Rank||#480 out of 1232 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||75-79%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-84%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Belle Plaine Community School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Belle Plaine Belle Plaine Jr/sr High School Grades: 7-12 | 261 students
610 13th Ave South
Belle Plaine, IA 52208
(319) 444-3720 0.5 7-12 261
- Keystone Keystone Elementary School Grades: PK-3 | 176 students
280 4th St
Keystone, IA 52249
(319) 442-3221 8.8 PK-3 176
- Victor H-l-v Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 207 students
402 5th St.
Victor, IA 52347
(319) 647-2161 11.2 PK-6 207
- Victor H-l-v Junior-senior High School Grades: 7-12 | 143 students
402 5th Street
Victor, IA 52347
(319) 647-2161 11.2 7-12 143
- Marengo Iowa Valley Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 343 students
151 E May
Marengo, IA 52301
(319) 642-3812 12.4 PK-6 343
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.