Belle Plaine Jr/sr High School
- Belle Plaine Jr/sr High School's student population of 261 students has grown by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 20 teachers has declined by 9% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||261 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Belle Plaine Jr/sr High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,232 schools in Iowa (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#685 out of 1232 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-84%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Belle Plaine Community School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Belle Plaine Longfellow Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 293 students
707 7th St
Belle Plaine, IA 52208
(319) 444-3002 0.5 PK-6 293
- Keystone Keystone Elementary School Grades: PK-3 | 176 students
280 4th St
Keystone, IA 52249
(319) 442-3221 8.6 PK-3 176
- Victor H-l-v Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 207 students
402 5th St.
Victor, IA 52347
(319) 647-2161 11.2 PK-6 207
- Victor H-l-v Junior-senior High School Grades: 7-12 | 143 students
402 5th Street
Victor, IA 52347
(319) 647-2161 11.2 7-12 143
- Marengo Iowa Valley Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 343 students
151 E May
Marengo, IA 52301
(319) 642-3812 11.9 PK-6 343
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.