Shellsburg Elementary School
- Shellsburg Elementary School's student population of 250 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 19 teachers has grown by 5% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||250 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Shellsburg Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has decreased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IA)|
|Overall School Rank||#266 out of 1,252 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-84%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||85-89%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Vinton-Shellsburg Comm School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Atkins Atkins Elementary School Grades: PK-3 | 353 students
217 4th Ave
Atkins, IA 52206
(319)446-7525 7.1 PK-3 353
- Center Point Center Point-urbana Primary School Grades: PK-2 | 436 students
101 Palo Road
Center Point, IA 52213
(319)849-1102 7.5 PK-2 436
- Vinton Tilford Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 464 students
308 E 13th St
Vinton, IA 52349
(319)436-4728 8.8 PK-4 464
- Vinton Vinton-shellsburg High School Grades: 9-12 | 443 students
210 W. 21st St.
Vinton, IA 52349
(319)436-4728 8.8 9-12 443
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.