Longview High School serves 2,147 students in grades 9-12.
Longview High School placed in the top 20% of all schools in Texas for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 30%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 61% (which is higher than the Texas state average of 37%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 52% (which is higher than the Texas state average of 42%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is equal to the Texas state level of 14:1.
Minority enrollment is 80% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is higher than the Texas state average of 74% (majority Hispanic).
Quick Stats (2023)
- School Type: Charter School
- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 2,147 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 14:1
- Minority Enrollment: 80%
- Graduation Rate: ≥99% (Top 1% in TX)
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 20%
- Math Proficiency: 61% (Top 10%)
- Reading Proficiency: 52% (Top 30%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), TX Dept. of Education
Longview High School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for:
Most improved public schools
Longview High School's student population of 2,147 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 149 teachers has grown by 7% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Longview High School is ranked within the top 20% of all 8,079 schools in Texas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Longview High School is 0.69, which is more than the diversity score at state average of 0.64. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (TX)
Overall Testing Rank
#1184 out of 8079 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Participates in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), TX Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Longview High School's ranking?
Longview High School is ranked #1184 out of 8,079 schools, which ranks it among the top 20% of public schools in Texas.
What schools are Longview High School often compared to?
Longview High Schoolis often viewed alongside schools like Pine Tree High School by visitors of our site.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
61% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 37% TX state average), while 52% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 42% TX state average).
What is the graduation rate of Longview High School?
The graduation rate of Longview High School is 99%, which is higher than the Texas state average of 89%.
How many students attend Longview High School?
2,147 students attend Longview High School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
41% of Longview High School students are Hispanic, 33% of students are Black, 20% of students are White, 3% of students are Two or more races, 2% of students are Asian, and 1% of students are American Indian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Longview High School?
Longview High School has a student ration of 14:1, which is equal to the Texas state average of 14:1.
What grades does Longview High School offer ?
Longview High School offers enrollment in grades 9-12
What school district is Longview High School part of?
Longview High School is part of Longview Independent School District.
Review Longview High School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
A Story of Overcoming Common Reading Difficulties
Follow the story of Sarah, a fictional character who overcame common reading difficulties with the help of the three cueing system. This blog post explores the advantages and disadvantages of the three cueing system and provides strategies for implementing it effectively.
Voucher Program Update: Florida
Many states now offer voucher programs. We look at the voucher program available in Florida.
Standardized tests have a long history in American K-12 education. We examine what standardized tests evaluate and more.