Lorna Byrne Middle School
- The student population of 241 students has declined by 8% over five years.
- The teacher population of 9 teachers has declined by 10% over five years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||241 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- The student:teacher ratio of 27:1 has increased from 25:1 over five years.
- The school's diversity score of 0.30 is less than the state average of 0.37. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- Three Rivers/josephine County School District's student population of 4,797 students has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- The revenue/student of $10,910 in this district is less than the state average of $12,474. The district revenue/student has grown by 7% over four years.
- The district's spending/student of $10,809 is less than the state average of $12,318. The district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four years.
|School District Name||Three Rivers/josephine County School District|
|Number of Schools
|Number of Students Managed||4,797||759|
|District Total Revenue||$54 MM||$10 MM|
|District Spending||$53 MM||$9 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$10,910||$12,474|
|District Spending / Student||$10,809||$12,318|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Cave JunctionEvergreen Elementary SchoolGrades: KG-5 | 446 students
520 W River St
Cave Junction, OR 97523
Cave JunctionIllinois Valley High SchoolGrades: 9-12 | 347 students
River St & Laurel Rd
Cave Junction, OR 97523
Crescent CityBar-o High SchoolGrades: 7-12 | 15 students
301 W. Washington Blvd.
Crescent City, CA 95531
Grants PassHidden Valley High SchoolGrades: 9-12 | 718 students
651 Murphy Creek Rd
Grants Pass, OR 97527
WilliamsWilliams Elementary SchoolGrades: KG-5 | 62 students
Po Box 88
Williams, OR 97544
I've served as an art teaching volunteer and I've covered school events for local newspapers at this school. I've known students who attended the school who went on to high school and college. These various insights revealed an exceptional middle school, with a high degree of academic learning achievement, modern facilities, and many types of music, art, trades, and sports activities available, through public funding and 21st Century federal grants. It is remarkable to find a public school of this degree of excellence and pleasant atmosphere in a remote, rural, poor region. There is some parental involvement, not as much as there should be. Teachers, staff and community volunteers are to be commended for their continuing hard work, year after year. This school prepares students to advance to Illinois Valley High School, another excellent public school in Cave Junction, Oregon.
- Posted by Teacher - lcore