Lunenburg Middle School
- Lunenburg Middle School's student population of 382 students has grown by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 25 teachers has declined by 13% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||382 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Lunenburg Middle School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,791 schools in Virginia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has increased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1598 out of 1791 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Lunenburg County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Victoria Victoria Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 363 students
1521 Eighth St
Victoria, VA 23974
(434) 696-2163 1.2 PK-5 363
- Kenbridge Kenbridge Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 375 students
215 Nottoway Falls Rd
Kenbridge, VA 23944
(434) 676-2491 4.8 PK-5 375
- Crewe Nottoway High School Grades: 9-12 | 592 students
5267 Old Nottoway Rd
Crewe, VA 23930
(434) 292-5373 11.9 9-12 592
- Crewe Nottoway Intermediate Grades: 5-6 | 329 students
5285 Old Nottoway Road
Crewe, VA 23930
(434) 292-5353 11.9 5-6 329
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.