Luther Conant School serves 394 students in grades Kindergarten-6.
Luther Conant School placed in the top 5% of all schools in Massachusetts for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 5%, and reading proficiency is top 10%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 75% (which is higher than the Massachusetts state average of 37%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 78% (which is higher than the Massachusetts state average of 49%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 18:1 is higher than the Massachusetts state level of 12:1.
Minority enrollment is 77% of the student body (majority Asian), which is higher than the Massachusetts state average of 43% (majority Hispanic and Black).
Quick Stats (2023)
- Grades: Kindergarten-6
- Enrollment: 394 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 18:1
- Minority Enrollment: 77%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 5% in MA
- Math Proficiency: 75% (Top 5%)
- Reading Proficiency: 78% (Top 10%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), MA Dept. of Education
Luther Conant School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Massachusetts for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Luther Conant School's student population of 394 students has declined by 12% over five school years.
The teacher population of 22 teachers has declined by 21% over five school years.
(offers virtual instruction)
(offers virtual instruction)
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Luther Conant School is ranked within the top 5% of all 1,644 schools in Massachusetts (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Luther Conant School is 0.57, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.62. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (MA)
Overall Testing Rank
#75 out of 1644 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Participates in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), MA Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Luther Conant School's ranking?
Luther Conant School is ranked #75 out of 1,644 schools, which ranks it among the top 5% of public schools in Massachusetts.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
75% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 37% MA state average), while 78% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 49% MA state average).
How many students attend Luther Conant School?
394 students attend Luther Conant School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
61% of Luther Conant School students are Asian, 23% of students are White, 8% of students are Hispanic, 4% of students are Black, and 4% of students are Two or more races.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Luther Conant School?
Luther Conant School has a student ration of 18:1, which is higher than the Massachusetts state average of 12:1.
What grades does Luther Conant School offer ?
Luther Conant School offers enrollment in grades Kindergarten-6 (offers virtual instruction).
What school district is Luther Conant School part of?
Luther Conant School is part of Acton-Boxborough School District.
Review Luther Conant School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Nearby Homes for Sale
A Story of Overcoming Common Reading Difficulties
Follow the story of Sarah, a fictional character who overcame common reading difficulties with the help of the three cueing system. This blog post explores the advantages and disadvantages of the three cueing system and provides strategies for implementing it effectively.
Voucher Program Update: Florida
Many states now offer voucher programs. We look at the voucher program available in Florida.
Standardized tests have a long history in American K-12 education. We examine what standardized tests evaluate and more.