Mackinac Preparatory Academy
- Mackinac Preparatory Academy's student population of 40 students has grown by 81% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 6 teachers has grown by 20% over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||40 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Mackinac Preparatory Academy is ranked within the top 50% of all 3,159 schools in Michigan (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 7:1 has increased from 5:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MI)|
|Overall School Rank||#1081 out of 3,159 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Mackinac Preparatory Academy School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lansing Riddle Elementary School Grades: PK-3 | 203 students
221 Huron St
Lansing, MI 48915
(517)755-1720 0.7 PK-3 203
- Mason The Early College @ Lansing Community College Grades: 10-12 | 155 students
430 N. Capitol Ave. Suite 118
Mason, MI 48854
(517)244-1254 0.8 10-12 155
- Lansing El-hajj Malik El-shabazz Academy Grades: PK-6 | 212 students
1028 West Barnes Ave
Lansing, MI 48910
(517)267-8474 0.9 PK-6 212
- Lansing Cole Academy Grades: PK-6 | 205 students
1915 West Mount Hope Ave
Lansing, MI 48910
(517)372-0038 1.3 PK-6 205
While some schools are debating whether to teach sex ed, Philadelphia schools will be making free condoms available in 22 schools across the district.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.