Mackinac Preparatory Academy
- Mackinac Preparatory Academy's student population of 40 students has grown by 81% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 6 teachers has grown by 20% over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||40 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Mackinac Preparatory Academy is ranked within the top 50% of all 3,159 schools in Michigan (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 7:1 has increased from 5:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MI)|
|Overall School Rank|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Mackinac Preparatory Academy School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lansing Riddle Elementary School Grades: PK-3 | 203 students
221 Huron St
Lansing, MI 48915
(517)755-1720 0.7 PK-3 203
- Mason The Early College @ Lansing Community College Grades: 10-12 | 155 students
430 N. Capitol Ave. Suite 118
Mason, MI 48854
(517)244-1254 0.8 10-12 155
- Lansing El-hajj Malik El-shabazz Academy Grades: PK-6 | 212 students
1028 West Barnes Ave
Lansing, MI 48910
(517)267-8474 0.9 PK-6 212
- Lansing Cole Academy Grades: PK-6 | 205 students
1915 West Mount Hope Ave
Lansing, MI 48910
(517)372-0038 1.3 PK-6 205
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.