Arthur R. Gould Sch--lcydc School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there is 1 public high school managed by Arthur R. Gould Sch--lcydc School District serving 38 students in South Portland, Maine.
- Minority enrollment is 34% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Maine state average of 10%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 2:1 is less than the state average of 12:1.
Arthur R. Gould Sch--lcydc School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- South Portland Arthur R. Gould Sch--lcydc High School675 Westbrook Street
South Portland, ME 04106
Grades: 10-12 | 38 students
|School District Name||Arthur R. Gould Sch--lcydc School District|
|# of Schools||1|
|# of Students||38|
|# of Teachers||16|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||2|
|# of Male Students||33|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||5|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||4|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||n/a|
|% Hispanic Students||n/a|
|# of Black Students||8|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||25|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1|
|% of Hawaiian Students|
|# of Two or more races Students||n/a|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||9|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||7|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||22|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Arthur R. Gould Sch--lcydc School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 152 school districts in Maine (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2012-2013 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (ME)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (12-13)||<50%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient) (12-13)||<50%|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.