Eastport School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 2 public schools in Eastport School District, serving 180 students.
- Minority enrollment is 21% of the student body (majority American Indian), which is more than the Maine public school average of 11% (majority Black and Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 9:1 is less than the Maine public school average of 12:1.
|School District Name||Eastport School District|
|School District Phone Number||(207)853-2567|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (ME)|
|# of Schools||2 Schools||602 Schools|
|# of Students||180 Students||175,788 Students|
|# of Teachers||19 Teachers||14,755 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||12:1|
- Eastport School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 191 school districts in Maine (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-2017 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 80% has increased from 70-79% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (ME)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-39%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-49%|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||23 Students||1,499 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||n/a||2,627 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||1 Student||3,940 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||1 Student||6,453 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||143 Students||156,650 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 Student||195 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||11 Students||4,424 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||11||5,595|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||7||12,579|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||11||12,547|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||6||12,683|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||11||13,247|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||4||13,340|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||11||13,715|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||11||13,474|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||7||13,797|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||9||13,732|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||20||12,731|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||22||12,700|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||25||12,790|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||25||12,858|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $36,505 is higher than the state average of $14,488. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $36,661 is higher than the state average of $16,751. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (ME)|
|Total Revenue||$4 MM||$6 MM|
|Spending||$4 MM||$7 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$36,505||$14,488|
|Spending / Student||$36,661||$16,751|
Eastport School District Public Schools (2020)
Read why good diet and nutrition is important for high student performance.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.