RSU 03/MSAD 03 School District
- For the 2021 school year, there are 6 public elementary schools in RSU 03/MSAD 03 School District, serving 899 students. Public elementary schools in RSU 03/MSAD 03 School District have an average math proficiency score of 18% (versus the Maine public elementary school average of 38%), and reading proficiency score of 36% (versus the 50% statewide average). This district's average elementary testing ranking is 1/10, which is in the bottom 50% of public elementary schools in Maine.
- Minority enrollment is 4% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Maine public elementary school average of 11% (majority Black and Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is equal to the Maine public elementary school average of 12:1.
|School District Name||RSU 03/MSAD 03 School District|
|School District Website||http://www.rsu3.org|
|School District Phone Number||(207) 948-6136|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (ME)|
|# of Schools||6 Schools||447 Schools|
|# of Students||899 Students||120,682 Students|
|# of Teachers||78 Teachers||9,985 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||12:1|
- RSU 03/MSAD 03 School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 186 school districts in Maine (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-2018 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 85-89% has decreased from 90-94% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (ME)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#214 out of 230 school districts|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1 Student||1,100 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||1 Student||1,733 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||14 Students||2,790 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||4 Students||4,247 Students|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||861 Students||107,297 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||138 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||18 Students||3,377 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||28||5,224|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||90||12,075|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||87||12,547|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||105||12,683|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||96||13,247|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||111||13,340|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||91||13,715|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||115||13,474|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||94||11,607|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||82||11,362|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||355|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||356|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||323|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||374|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $17,011 is higher than the state median of $14,842. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $15,121 is higher than the state median of $14,515. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017||This School District||This State (ME)|
|Total Revenue||$22 MM||$6 MM|
|Spending||$20 MM||$6 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$17,011||$14,842|
|Revenue / Student||$15,121||$14,515|
RSU 03/MSAD 03 School District Public Elementary Schools (2021)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Monroe Elementary School 36 West Main Street
Monroe, ME 04951
Grades: PK-5 | 63 students
- Walker Memorial School 33 West Main Street
Liberty, ME 04949
Grades: PK-5 | 87 students
- Morse Memorial School 27 School Street
Brooks, ME 04921
Grades: PK-5 | 120 students
- Troy Central School 733 Bangor Road
Troy, ME 04987
Grades: K-5 | 91 students
- Mt View Elementary School 573 Mount View Road
Thorndike, ME 04986
Grades: K-5 | 247 students
- Mt View Middle School 575 Mount View Road
Thorndike, ME 04986
Grades: 6-8 | 291 students
Learn about why technical public high schools are earning attention for their unique career-training opportunities.
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Some educators and community leaders are pushing for more math and science at the high school level. Is the move really necessary and if so, how do schools get students more interested in these STEM subjects?