Morse Memorial School
Morse Memorial School places among the top 20% of public schools in Maine for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Morse Memorial School's student population of 120 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 9 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||120 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Morse Memorial School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 523 schools in Maine (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (ME)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#447 out of 523 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||12:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||RSU 03/MSAD 03 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Belfast Kermit S Nickerson School Grades: PK-5 | 97 students
18 Townhouse Road
Belfast, ME 04915
(207) 338-1858 6.6 PK-5 97
- Monroe Monroe Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 63 students
36 West Main Street
Monroe, ME 04951
(207) 525-3504 7.0 PK-5 63
- Thorndike Mt View Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 247 students
573 Mount View Road
Thorndike, ME 04986
(207) 568-7541 7.0 K-5 247
- Thorndike Mt View Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 291 students
575 Mount View Road
Thorndike, ME 04986
(207) 568-7561 7.0 6-8 291
A number of school districts either have or are considering homework-free weekend policies, but the idea is not without its share of controversy. We’ll take a look at both sides of the issue.
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.