Morse Memorial School
Morse Memorial School places among the top 20% of public schools in Maine for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 10%)
- Morse Memorial School's student population of 125 students has grown by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 8 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||125 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Morse Memorial School's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has increased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (ME)|
|Overall School Rank||#242 out of 525 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||11-19%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-49%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||12:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Rsu 03/msad 03 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Belfast Kermit S Nickerson School Grades: PK-5 | 83 students
18 Townhouse Road
Belfast, ME 04915
(207)338-1858 6.6 PK-5 83
- Monroe Monroe Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 66 students
36 West Main Street
Monroe, ME 04951
(207)525-3504 7.0 PK-5 66
- Thorndike Mt View Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 239 students
573 Mount View Road
Thorndike, ME 04986
(207)568-7541 7.0 K-5 239
- Thorndike Mt View Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 262 students
575 Mount View Road
Thorndike, ME 04986
(207)568-7561 7.0 6-8 262
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.